Head of Mechatronics.
Head of Mechatronics
This is an opportunity to join an innovative diagnostics and life sciences instrument manufacturer actively enhancing healthcare outcomes by facilitating significant advancements in measurement accuracy.
This innovator, known for proven performance, a tailored approach, and empowering solutions, enables faster time-to-market for improved healthcare impact. Esteemed market leaders place their trust in this entity.
The emphasis lies on generating positive healthcare impact through innovation in optoelectronics, achieving success in areas where others have encountered challenges
The central role of this position is to lead and advance a team of engineers specializing in mechanical, electronics, and firmware. The goal is to enhance the architecture and promote the reuse of control and mechatronics systems guiding measuring modules. As the team leader, responsibilities include overseeing the team and establishing a performance-driven, customer-centric, collaborative, and team-oriented agile culture. Encouraging team members to function in a self-organized manner within their agile project teams significantly contributes to the success of customer projects.
As a direct report to the Head of R&D, the leader will have the following responsibilities:
- Direct, oversee, and enhance the capabilities within the team while refining the technical, methodological, and interpersonal skills of each team member.
- Standardize and enhance functional and engineering discipline standards (e.g., design rules, tools, methods). Ensure comprehensive training for each team member and the effective implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate in cross-team and cross-functional coordination to ensure agile and self-organized planning and coordination among various fixed project teams for activities in parallel programs within the company.
- Participate in project reviews to ensure project work and results meet quality standards and enforce compliance with rules and guidelines.
- Provide guidance to project management and team members on estimating resource and timeline requirements for mechatronics and controls subsystem developments in customer projects.
- Lead and facilitate the ongoing development of architecture/platform standards, along with providing readily usable reusable assets to expedite the development of new modules.
- Establish and nurture a network of external partners capable of supplementing staffing needs during peak resource demand or providing specialized knowledge/skills.
- Manage electronics laboratories and Maker Space, and enhance facilities for testing and fast prototyping of demonstrators, proof of concepts, and prototypes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electronics or Mechatronics.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing interdisciplinary mechatronics or measuring systems.
- Several years of experience in a technical and personnel leadership role in R&D, demonstrating a track record of advancing the capabilities of those under management.
- Experience in developing relevant products to industry standards or in other industries with a strong regulatory background is advantageous.
- Proficiency in electronics and mechanical CAD systems and embedded software engineering environments.
- Strong self-motivation coupled with a high degree of personal responsibility, reliability, quality awareness, and a pragmatic approach.
- Aptitude for working with people, a very high level of social competence, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to navigate VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity) situations and drive progress.
- Pronounced self-motivation, commitment, and a strong sense of responsibility and reliability.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and German.
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SWEDISH TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.