Software Engineering Associate Director.
Software Engineering Associate Director
Associate Director of Software Engineering
The Associate Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for overseeing vertical teams within the Originations Product Lane from an engineering perspective. This role is pivotal in delivering value for the core lending platforms, operating as a key member of the Originations leadership team. The Associate Director of Software Engineering plays a crucial role in ensuring predictable and reliable software releases as the organization moves away from on-premises legacy solutions in pursuit of more modern objectives.
- Nurture, lead, and guide high-performing teams of 6 - 10 software engineers while fostering strong teamwork.
- Assume ownership of comprehensive planning, execution, and success of intricate technical projects.
- Supervise project achievements, including managing project timelines and aligning outcomes with product and business partners.
- Advocate for the adoption of development best practices such as agile and lean methodologies, DevOps, CI/CD, test automation, and containerization.
- Collaborate across business verticals to enhance agility, promote standardized approaches, encourage reuse, and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and business partners to shape roadmaps and ensure that software development aligns with strategic business priorities.
- Conduct release planning, sprint planning, design reviews, code reviews, retrospectives, and related activities.
- Assure the stability and reliability of production software applications.
- Ensure effective and timely communication of development team performance metrics and key issues to both business and technology leadership.
- Foster creative thinking and insist on continuous improvement, generating and implementing new ideas.
- Directly and indirectly lead an offshore team of software engineers towards achieving program goals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for development best practices.
- Utilize metrics to drive ongoing enhancements in quality, efficiency, and speed.
- A bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in computer science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience is mandatory.
- Possess 7+ years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of managerial experience in building and leading strong teams.
- Demonstrated capability in planning and executing technology transition strategies.
- Strong commitment to embracing a DevOps culture and employing collaborative software engineering techniques and methodologies.
- Maintain an extensive, active network across the enterprise and recognize when to leverage it.
- Exhibit expert-level proficiency in planning, executing, and driving transformational technology strategies.
- Fluent in agile software processes (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.) and capable of leading by example.
- Display an insatiable appetite for learning with the initiative to drive continuous improvement, which is essential.
- Possession of technical and/or industry certifications is considered a plus.
- Proven ability to act and lead in a consultative manner with both technology and business partners.
- Uphold high standards, foster the development of others, and create an environment conducive to innovation and excellence.
- Ability to lead, delegate, motivate, and support resources to meet high delivery demands.
- Quick establishment of trust with sponsors and key stakeholders, the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflicts, deliver challenging messages gracefully, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated passion for technology, innovation, and quality.
- Wholehearted embrace of a DevOps culture and collaborative software engineering.
- Capability to apply knowledge gained from prior experience to new and complex situations.
- Confident communicator with the ability to articulate points concisely and handle conflicting viewpoints positively.
- Robust planning and execution skills, including estimation, scheduling, and adherence to committed timelines.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Brian Quigg
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Functional Programming.
Technical Recruitment Consultant
To Apply for this Job Click Here Are you a passionate and driven individual with a knack for connecting top...
To Apply for this Job Click Here Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It: As our Software Specialist in...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.