Director, Machine Learning (ML).
Director, Machine Learning (ML)
$180000 - $205000 per annum|
The Director of Machine Learning Engineering is generally autonomous in their oversight and active management for a Technology program and/or practice area and most often reports directly to a Senior Director or Vice President
Essential Job Functions:
- Process and Operations, defining team goals to align with the company's--seeking value engineering solutions & heavy consideration for cost/future planning
- Directly manage and/or influence separate teams focused on delivering high quality results within one or more major technology disciplines: strategy, software development, operations, engineering, development services, information security, and compliance.
- Focus on coordination with internal and external partners to deliver methods, procedures, practices, documents and results to increase reliability and usability of technology while optimizing costs and return on investment.
- Deliver results based upon org annual goals, department goals and management requests.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency for a program, project and/or practice area.
- Provides leadership in technology best practices
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve problems.
- Support the evaluation of new technologies, techniques, and tools.
- Report status and issues to senior Technology management team.
- Work directly with outside vendors to negotiate services and product agreements
- Serve on as backup to more senior level management as needed.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with peers both within and outside of Technology, and maintain them over time.
- Contribute to the establishment, evolution and continued compliance with standard practices and processes within the disciplines.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Ensure all work products meets /exceeds standards and risks are effectively managed.
- Participate in periodic Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing and reporting.
- Resource Management including hiring, mentoring, programmatically recruiting & retaining talent
- Identify and hire resource/skills needed within their organization.
- Responsible for staff performance management and training.
- Coordinate assignment of subordinate staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least ten (10) years of related experience, or equivalent training and / or work experience; Master's degree and past Financial Services industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical project, program and / or practice area oversight.
- Past experience influencing decisions and building conscience across internal and external partners
- Knowledge of business, technology and management principles involved in strategic planning, organizational change management, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Experience must include direct experience in one of the following areas: strategy, software development, operations, engineering, development services, information security, and / or compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of industry leading technology best practices including familiarity with technology methodologies including at least one of ISO-9000, ITIL, Agile and iterative.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and leverage those relationships to improve the quality of work products.
- Must be able to identify, evaluate and recommend processes, tools, technologies and / or products to meet business and budgetary requirements.
- Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Katie Wiggins
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Science.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Apply Now Are you a Machine Learning guru that likes to oversee the entire lifecycle of your product? Do you...
Data Scientists/Engineers (Consultancy)
Apply Now Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring for Data Scientists/Engineers for a consultancy business that wants we focus heavily on...
Director, Machine Learning (ML)
Apply Now The Director of Machine Learning Engineering is generally autonomous in their oversight and active management for a Technology...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.