Senior Director – Corporate Systems
Senior Director – Corporate Systems.
Senior Director – Corporate Systems
The Senior Director, Technology leads a cross-functional technology team (typically 50+ staff) responsible for supporting a portfolio of enterprise applications. This role works with a high level of autonomy and discretion and typically reports to a Vice President. This role takes overall ownership over strategy, execution, and delivery and drives results by inspiring a positive, high-energy, result-oriented culture across the team. This role works closely with business stakeholders, engineering, architecture, UI/UX, finance and other functions to launch products and enhance our existing products and processes.
The Sr. Director, Technology is accountable for succeeding against identified business outcomes and metrics, sets and manages the budget and financials and sets quarterly key performance indicators. This individual manages people which includes responsibility for setting individual and team expectations, delegating assignments and managing performance, identifying talent needs, and coaching and developing team members.
Essential Job Functions:
Process and Operations
- Experience with Workday HCM or Finance implementation is preferred.
- Collaborates with senior management throughout the company to ensure cross-functional ownership of Workday and related technologies and facilitates a common vision and roadmap for such technologies to meet business needs and IT requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing the continuous improvement of Workday implementation and other corporate systems for multiple functional areas within the organization. Assesses high-level business/functional requirements across many stakeholders and assigns work to subordinate leaders, coordinates complex upgrades and/or enhancements of Workday and related technologies that meet company needs.
- Experience managing other SaaS/COTS packages and integrations with Workday.
- Working independently, establishes organizational policies, goals, objectives, and strategies that drive to measurable results.
- Directs and coordinates organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with peers both within and outside of Technology and maintain them over time.
- Establishes and maintains external relationships with strategic product/service vendors, clients/customers, regulators, industry forums (government & private councils, standards bodies, product forums, etc.), as appropriate.
- Establishes, evolves, and ensures compliance with standard practices and processes within the disciplines.
- Assists with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Ensures all work products meet/exceed standards.
- Participates in periodic Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing and reporting.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across multiple business areas and functions to understand business opportunities, prioritize demand, and identify/implement supporting application capability.
- Identifies new and innovative methods and metrics for tracking product success, works with the technology team to improve reports and monitoring
- Builds and maintains relationships with key industry thought leaders to improve vision and improve product success
- Demonstrates ability to attract senior talent and multiple functions from inside and outside of the organization
- Teaches others how to determine performance bar
- Facilitates understanding of broader organizational tenets and strategic goals for organization
- Effectively coaches and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- Works with cross-functional leaders and experts to establish best practices and identify opportunities to improve the product development and delivery process
- Recognizes trends for larger-scale development needs within and across teams and builds plans to develop skills
- Shares talent development best practices across organization
- Audits team goals to ensure alignment with broader organizational goals, is accountable for team performance against goals
- Sets and balances goals across team to optimize performance against organization goals and employee development
- Sets high performance standards for team
- Plans and advocates for team resources
- Develops and communicates team vision that supports the broader organizational vision
- Ensures team culture consistently demonstrates alignment with company values and behaviors
- Identifies talent needs to enable execution of product strategy
- Owns annual planning for portfolio and represents team in discussions with senior executives
- Works with Product Managers to develop and manage the long-term (3-5 year) view of the product portfolio, making trade-off decisions on multiple products and product groups
- Demonstrates expertise across multiple product groups and understands company-wide assets which facilitates discovery and drives enterprise capabilities
- Builds working relationships with stakeholders and teams across the company to drive improved synergies and efficiencies within the portfolio
- Builds and leverages solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders, UI/UX, architecture, and technology teams to facilitate product and user success
- Establishes sound program and project management practices to ensure consistently reliable delivery
- Able to facilitate and maintain beneficial relationships between the company and all vendors/partners.
- Able to negotiate best terms and outcomes in vendor contracts, creating standards for vendors that are best able to meet project and operational milestones.
- Expertise in bringing best of breed SaaS applications together in a cohesive manner for the organization and ability to integrate line of business applications into the enterprise data fabric with reporting solutions such as Power BI or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 7 years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility, with demonstrated ability to scale over time
- 5 years of leadership experience with responsibility for delivering both custom developed software and SaaS/COTS solutions
- Strong writing ability
- Strong business acumen
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Experience working closely with senior leadership
- Experience translating data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree
- Experience with Adaptive Planning
- Experience with Workday HCM or Workday Finance including 2+
- Workday implementations
- Experience with Human Resources business processes
- Experience with Finance business processes
- Agile certifications - CSM, CSPO, CSP, SAFE
- Experience with AWS, Cloud Architecture, Software Development
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience collaborating closely with senior leadership up to and including C-level executives
- Experience providing guidance and direction to cross-functional resources
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply NowTyler Stubbs
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Other.
Senior Manager Software Defined Vehicle
Apply Now Senior Software Manager- Flexible working style - Permanent Job - Senior Software ManagerClient Location - Germany: Frankfurt, Dusseldorf,...
Senior Consultant / Manager - LIMS
Apply Now Senior Consultant / Manager - Flexible working - Permanent Job - Senior Consultant / Manager - Laboratory Information...
Apply Now For one of our international clients, we are looking for an experienced Exchange Architect. Your primary responsibility is...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.