Sr. Info Security Engineer.
Sr. Info Security Engineer
$55 - $55 per hour|
Application Security Engineer
The Staff Security Engineer works under limited supervision and will perform information security tasks commensurate with their experience that ensure applications and projects meet defined quality standards. If you are a java developer who has interest in authentication, security or IAM, this role is for you!
Essential Job Functions:
* Apply established processes and techniques to identify, validate, and prioritize security risks.
* Architect and design security control systems to address requirements. Experience as an object oriented developer is extremely beneficial in this role.
* Operate and monitor established security controls, partnering across the org to evangelize & drive adoption for appsec & infosec development principles
* Ensure that controls are operating effectively; resolve operating discrepancies.
* Review, triage, and prioritize control output. Recommend actions to resolve identified security discrepancies.
* Evaluate and recommend new security technologies, techniques, and tools.
* Review and help define information security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
* Monitor and enforce compliance with internal and external regulations, policies, and standards. Recommend strategies to ensure that compliance is effectively monitored and enforced.
* Lead/Co-lead internal project/program level process improvement initiatives.
* Provide feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
* Informally mentor more junior staff.
* Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
* Ensure all work products meets /exceeds FINRA standards.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least three (3) years of related experience, or equivalent training and/or work experience.
* Experience must include direct experience in more than one of the following areas: securing networks and systems architecture, design and implementation, secure software assurance, intrusion detection, defense and incident response, security configuration management, access controls design and implementation and security policy and standards development.
* Knowledge of communications protocols.
* Experience with one or more Cyber Security tools, including: Configuration Assessment, Log Aggregation, Integrity Verification, Web Application Security Testing, Network Access Control System, Network Intrusion prevention systems, and Endpoint Security Solutions.
* Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improved the quality of work products.
* Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
* Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Solid knowledge of more than one Information Security principle and discipline.
Experience with the following technologies
- Web Application Firewall
- Cloudflare and AWS WAF
- Full Stack
- Backend - Java, SpringBoot, Python, SQL, ReST, MicroServices
- WAF, ALB, CloudFront, CloudFormation, ECS, EC-2, S3, SQS, RDS, SSL/ACP, CloudTrail, Kinesis, SDK - Java, Boto3 - Python, CLI, VPC
- Jenkins - Pipeline, Orchestrator
- DNS - CNAME, A, TXT records, CIDR, NSLookup/Dig, Protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, ICMP, SSL/TLS, Certs
- Version Control
- BitBucket, Git
- Splunk Queries, Dashboards, Lookup tables
- Jira, Confluence
- Postman, Fiddler (or other HttpProxy)
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Katie Wiggins
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Java.
Senior Back end Developer
Apply Now Do you want to work with a marketing-leading company in the delivery of end to en electronic monitoring?...
Apply Now We're looking for a talented Java Developer to work for our client.They want to recruit someone with demonstrable...
Junior Java Developer
Apply Now ***Required: A new Java Developer to work for my client*** If you've got a background in Java and...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.